Akita-Aikikai Aikido Examination Requirements
translated by Mark L. Larson
- Tai No Henko – Same as 4th Kyu.
- Tachi-waza Kokyuho – From morote-dori, doing 3 different patterns.
- Suwari-waza Shomen-uchi – Dai Ikkyo to Dai Yonkyo. 1st through 4th basic teachings using shomen-uchi to initiate the techniques.
- Tachi-waza Dai Ikkyo – Morote-dori, yokomen-uchi.
- Tachi-waza Dai Nikyo – Kata-dori, shomen-uchi.
- Tachi-waza Dai Sankyo – Katate-dori, yokomen-uchi.
- Tachi-waza Dai Yonkyo – Ryote-dori, tsuki.
- Iriminage – Shomen-uchi, yokomen-uchi, tsuki, ryote-dori, morote-dori. 3 of these 5.
- Shihonage – Katate-dori, ryote-dori, yokomen-uchi.
- Kotegaeshi – Tsuki, shomen-uchi, katate-dori.
- Tenchinage – Two-handed throw from ryote-dori.
- Kaiten-nage – From katate-dori, doing 2 different patterns.
- Koshinage – Lower-back/hip throw, doing 2 different patterns.
- Jujinage – Partner’s arms-crossed throw, doing 2 different patterns.
- Suwari-waza Kokyuho – Doing 3 different forms/patterns.